Tuesday, July 28, 2009

14



Hey.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. It was another long day at the park yesterday. I had to be in early to pull the tarp off. Thankfully there wasn't too much water on it, but it was still wicked hard to pull off for some reason. The rest of they day was spent doing normal things at the park. I patched and prepped the mound for Josh Beckett. He pitched phenomenal by the way. ;) Ended up working through the game and worked 16.5 hours. Soo I went straight to bed last night after my shower. Had to be in to work today at 9. Jim Rice a former Red Sox left fielder was scheduled to have his number retired tonight at Fenway. Whenever this happens, of course, the grounds crew has to do something special! It's what we do right? Right. Since he was #14 we put the #14 in left field (where he played). I told you about the process before so I'll spare you that. But we got it all measure out and then I went to town rolling the numbers into left field. It ended up looking great! I hope Mr. Rice liked it. The picture below I took this afternoon. Beautiful right?

Got off at 3:30 today as it was pretty nice out. Rested up this afternoon and then ate dinner and went to the grocery. 2 more games and this home stand is over. Pretty bittersweet for me, as it will be my last 2 games at Fenway. I'll continue working until the 8th, but they won't be in town until the 9th or 10th.

Hope Tuesday was just as good as Monday for you all!

Aunt Joanne and Uncle Paul- Thanks for the bday card and cash!!
Bernskoetters- thank you all for the card and cash. Great to hear from you!!

2 weeks until my return to MO. Excited.

sweating just laying here as I write to all of you devoted readers,

Phil


*there it is. in left field. you can barely see it. i'll try to get a better pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment