Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ameeeerica

Hey.

Sorry to you all for not updating yesterday. I worked 15 hours and didn't have much time when I got home at 11:30 last night to write anything. So I'll start with Yesterday. We took the tarp off at 6:30 am and surprisingly it STAYED OFF until after the game Friday. The storms were supposed to hit us around 3-5 but they went just west of Boston, and were breaking up right as they approached us. During the Mariners batting practice the sun was shinning and yet it was still raining. If you were standing around home plate you got rained on. If you were out in right field, you were getting sprinkled on. Thats how close it was to us. It was fun to see Ken Griffey Jr back in a Mariners jersey and watch that sweeeet swing of his. He's gotten a lot bigger, and doesn't do a whole lot. The game went into extra innings with the Sox losing in the 11th. We had to put the tarp on the field because there was a chance of rain. It didn't rain. I was lucky enough to have a 10 oclock start time this morning, so I got to sleep in a little. We had a 1:05 start time today. I like day games because then you usually have the night off. And, I just think they're more...baseball-ish. It was a beautiful day here in Boston with highs in the low 80's. There were a few clouds in the sky, but NOOO rain! Can you sense my change in mood? Good. They dropped the massive flag over the green monster and had a fly over which was sweet. Not like a "geese fly over" which we so often joked about in Springfield. These were real planes. The Sox lost...again. Not a bad game, but the Mariners got the best of them. I got a bit sunburnt but I was just happy the sun was shinning!

Not sure what we will do tonight for the 4th. I think we may go to the river and watch the fireworks. It's back to work for me tomorrow at 11 as the Sox try and not get swept. Weather forecast for tomorrow--SUNNNNNNY.

Alrighty. Hope you all are celebrating and having a great time. I miss you, and it doesn't feel like the 4th without you guys.

rockin a sick farmers tan,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment