Friday, July 17, 2009

Newww York.

Hey.

First. Sorry for not updating yesterday. We got back around 7 or 8 and after a shower and having the itchiest body on the face of this earth, I was in no mood to write. Itchy because of a sunburn--my own fault really. Ok--New York.

We left on a bus at 7:30 on Wednesday morning. I was pretty tired and fell asleep for awhile on the bus. Before I knew it (3 1/2 hours later) we were driving through the Bronx. Wasn't able to see a 2 billion dollar Yankee Stadium from the high way, but wanted to. There it was, New York City. A skyline you see in 1 out of every 4 movies, was right there in front of me. And then it happened. We were just dropped off right in the middle of the biggest city in the US not having a clue where the heck anything was or where to go. A bit of an uneasy feeling, I must say. We saw the Empire State Building as we drove in, so we decided to go there. We didn't go up, but did see where Buddy the Elf tries to get passed the guards with his present for his dad. Awesome. Weren't able to light up the elevator lights like a christmas tree though--darn. After that we walked around a bit, looking for time square. Ended up eating lunch with one of Wes' friends and she gave us the low down on where to go, and how to get there. While eating Lunch, a man came over to me with a copy of "The Onion" (a small newspaper). He just handed it to me, so I took it. Then he holds his hand out...apparently wanted some money. So I give the paper back to him, still holds his hand out. Then says, "if you didn't want it, then why did you take one?" Not in that good of English, but thats besides the point. We just walked away quickly after that. :-/

After lunch we checked out Time Square and took some pics. Went into the M&M and Hershey's Store. Pretty neat---I guess? After that we ran into the Rockefeller Center, NBC Studios, and Fox News. Again, pretty fun to see those places. I'm a huge Letterman fan, therefore I wanted to see the Studio. So we followed our precious iPhones around and found it. Funny that Sir Paul McCartney would be playing on the roof of the Studio and would appear on the show that night. Thousands of people gathered around waiting for him to play. We arrived as he was doing his sound checks, so we waited around for a couple of hours until he performed live for us. A Beetle? Paul McCartney was returning to the Ed Sullivan Theatre for just the 2nd time in his life, and I was there!?? Pretty neat. Oh and I got to see Dave too. He came out for a short 10 seconds or so. There was a little boy standing near us that was just enthralled with cars. He even had Car Crocs. Anyways, he yelled at the top of his lungs to just about every car, "GOOO CARR!" for nearly 2 hours straight. I took a video of it.

After the mini concert we headed back with Wes' friends and got pizza for dinner and then walked around a bit more that night. We got dessert at Yogurt Land, quite possibly the best establishment in New York. Its a self serve frozen yogurt place with an endless amount of toppings. The best part is--its cheep! They charge you per ounce! I got cookies n cream, strawberry with fresh strawberries and gummi bears. EXCELLENT! We stayed the night in Wes' friends appartment. They live with a few boys who just totally destroy the place. Nut House boys, this place made our house look pristine!! I slept on an air mattress and woke up sunk down in it laying on the floor haha. Oh well.

Yesterday we woke up and went to Ground Zero. It was pretty neat yet sad. No memorial or anything yet, just a big hole with lots of cranes and men working hard. After that we walked along the water and were able to see the Statue of Liberty from a far. Pretty big. The subway system in NYC is ridiculous. It is soooo big and confusing. It makes Bostons "T" seem like a walk in the park.

We ate lunch shortly after and then boarded our bus back home to Boston. I liked New York alright. Having only a day and a half we had to rush around everywhere and weren't able to really take it in too much. Its definitely a big city, and one I'd never want to live in. The people aren't real friendly and just stick to their business. But where would this country be without NYC? So I guess I'm grateful for it. I guess. :)

Tomorrow I head back to work. I know, on a Saturday?? It will be good to get back into a routine again as I finish my time here in Boston. I have 3 more weeks before I head back to good ole Missouri. I'm excited to see everyone again, but know that I will miss Boston. Perhaps I'll be back.

Going to relax today, as I have been this way and that almost every day I've been off. Hope you guys are doing great. Keep an eye on facebook as I will post new pics and videos from New York.

loved seeing the bus full of Macs, iPods, and iPhones yesterday,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment