Sunday, July 5, 2009

Marky Mark

Hey.

After a nice morning of sleeping in I went to work at 11. Game time was 1:35 and with batting practice already set up and the players hitting, there wasn't much to do. After the field was ready, I headed back to the crew room and cleaned it and washed the bases. Washing the bases is a new thing for me this summer. Last summer we just spray painted them after every game. I guess it makes sense to wash them here though. With a looser budget you can afford new bases every other game. We had one set of bases for BP and one set for the games last year. Mark Wahlberg threw out a TERRIBLE first pitch. The left handed actor through it wide left of Dustin Pedroia and quickly asked for a 2nd try. He did a bit better the 2nd time. The Sox won today with a big 7th inning comeback. It was a good game. Afterwards we set up for "Picnic in the Park". People pay an arm and a leg (close to 600 a ticket) to come on to the field and eat food, listen to music and play on the outfield grass of Fenway. Lots o Rich folk. After that our day was over and we headed back home.

We saw the fireworks last night along the Charles River. Pretty friggin awesome. Apparently my parents watched them on CBS? That was funny to me. It was a nice show though, and the crowd was crazzzzy. After that I came home b/c I was dead tired. That was the extent of my 4th.

3 days until I see my family. Pretty excited about that! Still not for sure what we will do. Its back to work at 8am the next two days for me. After that I'll have a little time off to spend with the family. Get excited.

double stuffed oreos are perrrrfect,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment