Wednesday, July 22, 2009

And Here We Go Again

Hey.

Went in this morning again. We laid Sod in left field, and behind and in front of the pitchers mound. It will most likely stick out like a sore thumb, but at least there is grass and not soil. We also were setting up for softball games as well as trying to get the infield skin dry. Tomorrow we have the Cape Cod all star game at the park. It starts at 7. I wish it would start in the afternoon, as we are supposed to have rain tomorrow night. Bummer! They tell me that it will most likely be a long day at the park.

This next home stand will be my last one for the season, before returning back to Missouri. Its a bittersweet feeling really. I'm gonna miss major league baseball, but I feel like (so far) i've given it all I've got and have no regrets. On the other hand, I'm excited as ever to return to Missouri and to see family and friends that I haven't seen in 3 months!

Thats all I've got for today. Sorry if these have been boring lately. Just not a whole lot going on!

-Happy Birthday to my little brother, Will. He turns 17 today. Gosh, hard to believe he's that old already. Seems like just yesterday he was drooling all over his shirt. ;)

Chris Duncan is now a part of the Red Sox farm system...wow,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment