Friday, July 31, 2009

Dirty Job

Hey.

Hows everyone? Great I hope.

Today work started at 7am for me. There was an event at Fenway today which consisted of older men dressed in Red Sox jerseys playing ball on the field. There were supposed to be 4 games, but we only got 2.5 in. It started pouring halfway through the 3rd game. As that event wrapped up, the stage people for the concert next week began coming in the park. This was no unfamiliar site for any of us groundscrew workers. They did they exact same as before and began setting up the huge stage in center field. While they did that 3 other guys and myself were assigned to clean the runway that runs from the visitors dugout to the visitors clubhouse. Here is where my title comes into play. Its just a normal concrete walkway but then there are wooden pallets with red carpet on top of them. We had to remove the carpet, pull up the wooden pallets and sweep and pick up all the trash, mud, water any person could ever want. Oh, talk about the nastiest smelling hallway on the face of this earth. Seriously. I think I vommed in my mouth a few times. Sick. We ended up unclogging the drains, and allowing all the water to be drained out of the runway. We flooded the 3 drains with good smelling liquids and then left the boards up for the night to let it air out a bit. If I had to guess, I would say I'll be putting everything back in order tomorrow. Hooray!

So yea, work tomorrow at 7:30. This will be my 14th straight day at Fenway. Going in no later then 9am each day. I can't wait till Sunday to sleep in. Woooohooooo!

Alright. I'll catch you guys later. Enjoy your weekend and tell whoever that I say hi. (Whatever that means)

first their sour--then their sweet,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment