Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Full Day in Boston



-Jam Packed Fenway. Right against the Street.
-Ted Williams Statue
-P Garage. I liked it.
-House of Blues. Across the Street from the Park.
-Fenway is on the right here. Green Monster Street. (Left Field)

-Big A Citgo sign. Its seriously soooo big.
-The sign I walk by every day.
-Yawkey Way in about the 3rd Inning.
-Fenway Park, Yawkey Way.
Heeeey,

Phil here. Hope you liked the pics. Pretty tired today, as it was a busy day at the ballpark. Wes and I both woke up and went to work at 8am. Was a beautiful day here in Boston, I believe it topped out around 80? I was assigned the task of cleaning the dugouts and camera wells from all the peanut shells, trash, and sunflower seeds the night before. I did some small quick jobs throughout the morning and held the hose for my boss as he watered the infield skin pretty deep. Asked him a lot of questions during that and learned some new things. Was able to talk about other things as well with him and he asked about me and the types of things I like. Like I said before, I never really did a "long" job today. He says that we need to work quickly but efficient. Good motto I suppose. Forgot to mention yesterday that the guys I work with are real nice and cool. They make me feel right at home and are always willing to help out. Today I actually got to work on the mound a bit and patch some holes there. I did this quite a bit in Springfield, except I patched the home plate holes and not the mound. Still, I knew how to do it. Was a bit awestruck as I stood on the mound of Fenway Park and fixed the mound. Excellent. After that it was time for batting practice, so we set up for that and watered the infield skin again. There really isn't a whole lot a groundskeeper can do when the field is being used so Wes and I took the trash out and did some small jobs to keep us busy. We both got off at 4, but Dave said we could wait till 4:30 and catch dinner up in the media dinner room. Great dinner. Mashed potatoes and some meat. Great! The ice cream was ridiculously good. Even topped it off with some Butterfinger shavings!! Oh yea, we eat off of china that has the Red Sox logo and drink from Red Sox cups. Haha. Dennis Eckersley (former A's & Cardinals closer) came in and even ate a meal tonight. I guess he's doing broadcasting now? He was there though, looked pretty good if any of you are wondering. The day was pretty much over after that. I'm dead tired but loving it. Probably WILL be getting some dd tonight and not sure what else I'll do.

It's been a good, long day here in Boston. Hope everyones doing well wherever you are at. Enjoy this nice weather we are having! Miss you all!

hands are dry from the Fenway clay,

-Phil

2 comments:

  1. Oh Phil, I discovered your blog via facebook and have enjoyed reading about your adventures in Boston! It seems like a great place for you to be :)

    Danielle Chapman, fellow ELF lover and baseball fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and comments Phillip. Glad to hear you ate well tonight! Continue to excel! Angel dreams.........

    ReplyDelete