Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last day in Jeff City

Dear devout followers,

I'll start where I left off. Friday was a pretty uneventful day. My dad and I went to the Jeff City mall to get some things. That statement in itself is just hilarious to me. If you don't know the Jeff City mall is equivalent to a ghost town these days. Nothing special. And if it tells you anything else--I bought 3 shirts from SEARS! Haha. They are comfortable and will look great for work. We also got my eldest brother Sam an edger for his birthday. After that we went to lunch with my mom at Chilis. That was fun. My dad and older brother Peter bought this crappy house earlier this year/late last year. I told them they should be on "Flip this House" because you should see this thing. It really does look like something off of HDTV. Incredible. Anyways, they asked me to do the landscaping for them, but with me being gone so much for school and whatever else I really haven't found the time to contribute. So Dad and I went and got some flowers, topsoil and mulch and I planted some flower beds for them. I must say, it gave the place some extreme curb appeal. That was Friday.

Yesterday my eldest brother Sam and sister in law Kara came home for a wedding shower for a soon to be cousin. All of us boys however, went to my little brother Will's district track meet. He did really well. The kids never run track in his life and in his first year he runs in 4 events with the fastest kids on the team. God has blessed him with some fast feet. After all of that we all went to dinner at my dads favorite restaurant, El Jimador(s). Yes he sticks an "s" on the end. We were all pretty tired from the full day we had so we were in bed by 10:30; which is nothing different for me, as I was in bed by then every night of the semester.

Today I say bye to my parents, brothers, dog and Jeff City. I'll stay in KC tonight, wake up ridiculously early and catch my plan at 7:47 am. I'll have a layover in Washington DC and should arrive in Boston at 3:45 or so. I'm almost there! Thanks for reading and perhaps the next time you read, I'll be stuffing my face with donuts! :) What? No way!

xia xia,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment