Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last night in Springfield/Home

Whats up.

So I spent my last night in Springfield last night. It was my friend Kendall's 24th (twenty forwath) birthday yesterday. All of our friends got together for it at a classy restaurant and ate small, expensive portions. No worries, it was a blast and we stayed there for 2 1/2 hours. Ha. I just love my group of friends, and will, no doubt, miss the ones who are leaving me. After dinner we went back to the Nut House (my place of residence) and watched it storm. Myself, and 4 other roommates sat on our wrap around porch and smoked a menthol together. I'll be honest, I've had better. After that we played halo for awhile and by then it was 12 and past my bed time. I woke up this morning to my best friend mark opening my door loudly like he always does and telling me goodbye. Mark, if you read this, and I know you won't congrats on graduating. I'm proud of you! I told Mitch (another roommate) that we would get breakfast in the morning, as he loves to go out for breakfast. So we did. We went to "Toasters". We were most definitely the only ones in the restaurant and the waiter/cook heated my biscuits and gravy in the microwave. Whatever, it was only $2.40. I felt bad for the guy, he looked like a hard working man, just didn't get a lot of business. I gave him a $10 tip. I lied, I gave him 2 dollars. :) After breakfast we came home, and I packed everything up for Jefferson City. Told the remaining roommates bye and was on my way to JC.
I came home to a pretty big framed picture of Fenway Park in the dinning room. Apparently from my older brother, Peter. He hasn't given it to me yet, but they say its from him. Thanks dog. My popps and I went to play golf at the golf course that I grew up working at. Thanks to that place I have knowledge about turf grass and appreciation for the stuff you all walk on every day! My golf game. Absolutely horrible. I MIGHT have been able to beat Tigers Woods' son. He's 1 yr old. As soon as I got home, my Madre and I went for a nice bike ride. We went to a bluff looking over the Missouri river and just enjoyed the view. Was great to spend some time with her. :D

This is where I leave you. It's time for dinner. Haven't had a home cooked meal in, well I don't even remember. Hope you guys are all awesome and enjoying the first part of your summers. 4 days until I'll be breathing New England air. Thanks for following up till now. I'd love to have more followers. Please?

"Gotta get that boom boom boom",

-pj

4 comments:

  1. Gotta get that BOOM BOOM POW, them cherckens jacken my style. . .

    Phil, sorry I was 90% asleep when you said goodbye and told you, "See ya later." 3 months later I guess haha

    I get to play golf with my paps as well on Sunday before I leave for Kamp. I will be following you all summer as soon as I get done bossing kids around. (JK about the bossing part).

    Enjoy yourself, don't become too much of a Sox fan.

    Matt "Go Cards" Long

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks buddy and no worries. I had just heard your alarm go off, so thats why I said something. I'll have great stories I'm sure when I return.

    I've told you before, theres no way I'll ever stop being a Cards fan. Never.

    Love you bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you won't, I just have to make sure. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Phil,

    What is the nightlife scene in Boston like? Plees let me know as soon as you can.

    Love,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete