Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Scorcha' at the Ball Park

With the long day yesterday and not having to go in until 3 pm today, I slept in. I woke up around 10 and ate a pop-tart. Hung out around the college for awhile. Did some exploring for a washing machine, found it. Also found a work out facility. I may or may not use that. We'll see :) Ate lunch- some microwave meal. Not great, but not awful. Decided to explore again downtown a bit. Well just outside of downtown. Went to REI, which is like a recreation store. It has a lot of climbing, biking, hiking, camping stuff. I found a nice wind breaker jacket. Its red, and good looking. Came back home and took a small nap. I love naps. Then headed to work. I did a lot of the same things today. Set up some barriers for the media to stay behind and walked nearby pitchers, Tim Wakefield, Daisuke Matsuzaka, and Josh Beckett. Overheard Josh Beckett's conversation, and lets just say it wasn't appropriate at all. So no repeating. Did some trash runs, sifted through some gray clay. Prepared for the game like I did on my first night. This time it wasn't as stressful and it went a lot smoother. Having 1 game under my belt, I think, helped a lot! Oh yea! At some point during or right before pregame I was walking behind home plate and saw Mr. Peter Gammons. Peter is a reporter for ESPN and Baseball Tonight. In person, he is very short, and looks A LOT older than on TV. Still has that same voice though. He was talking to Papi. Probably a few pointers on how to hit? That pretty much sums up my day at Fenway. Not too eventful but yet a good time! Gotta be in at 8am again tomorrow, so I'll probably have Friday night off. Hopefully be able to do some site seeing soon. But we'll see.

Hope everyones doing awesome and ready for the weekend. Thanks for reading!

loving me some chicken queso burrito from Qdoba,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment