Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day off!

Bonjour,

Hows everyone? Hope well! Had my first FULL day off today after working for 11 straight days here in Boston. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, just sayin. Slept in today and left campus around 12:30 or so. We walked downtown to the Prudential Center and grabbed some lunch at Qdoba. We love burritos, a lot. The Prudential center has a few stores at the base including a food court where we ate. Wes made small talk with some lady at a store, and I looked around. After that we went to, where else? The Apple store. Its 3 floors and each floor is magical. I ended up buying some sort of protection thing for my mac, so far its pretty great! After the Apple store we walked around a bit, went in and out of some shops and ended up a bit lost. We found ourselves walking around in China Town for a good 10 minutes or so. We found our way out, and walked through a park. It was a very nice day here in Boston, so you better believe everyone was out enjoying the weather. We found our road and walked home. We stopped at Seven Eleven for a slurpie and then later on at the Red Sox team store. With DMB fans still in town the streets were still pretty crowded, scalpers everywhere, and the smell of weed in the air. Wes and I even saw a guy selling some weed bowls to 2 girls. Oh DMB fans.

The rest of the day we spent doing just about nothing. We stayed in for dinner and did some laundry. We FINALLY got ahold of a broom and were able to sweep our nasty room. It was so gross that we had 2 dirt piles. Sick me out. We also went to Shaws, and picked up a few necessary items. Wait. Are Nutty Bars, Oatmeal Creme Pies, and Gatorades really necessary? Oh well. Tomorrow is going to be a long day/night for me. I go in to work at 5 for the Phish concert...should be hilarious. I have to work an overnight shift until about 5 or 6 am on Monday. So I'll be spending most of Monday in Bed. Depending on how much sleep I get and how I feel, I may take off Tuesday too. The boss said it didn't matter. Going to be a hectic week, as I said before. The field will need some babying, and we will do just that. Hopefully will be getting my first pay check soon, and I'm excited for that.

To my OX bros--Miss you guys, and love you. Wish you guys were here hanging with me. :)


M-I-Z...Z-O-U Softball....Not so much, ;)

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment