Monday, June 1, 2009

Mom. Fenway called. They wanted to know if I wanted to spend the night.

Sooooooo Taguchi comes to the plate. (haha, hello to you Sam and Kara)

Anways, yesterday Phish had a concert at Fenway. Really know nothing about Phish, never listened to their music, don't even know what the band members look like. I was told by lots of people though, that they bring along with them a very interesting group of fans. They didn't lie. I was spotted at a different location this time, one where I couldn't really see the stage or the stadium, at all. But, I did get to see the fans. One guy came up to me and wanted to know my life story basically, and he told me his. Could hardly talk he was so drunk. I don't know if I believe most of the things he told me. He did say that Fenway Park had one of the "shittiest" infields in all of baseball. But that it wasn't our fault b/c it just doesn't get too much sun. This guy is ridiculous. Call me old fashioned but you know ones infield is not shitty when you send a guy to walk around and pick up pea sized rocks from the infield skin. Cmon. Cmon!! As for the other fans, I'll sum up the whole concert in a few words: Rainy, stinky, dreads, chacos, dresses, guys in dresses, pirates, tired/drunk eyes from about 97% of the fans, weed smelling, glow sticks, $500 for my redsox grounds crew sweat shirt (didn't sell it to the guy), high fives, burlap, arguments, and an awful show.

After the show a few of us were lined up to stay over night until 6 this morning. We pretty much just helped them take the floor back up. 13 hours later, I was dead tired, eyes were heavy and the only thing I was thinking about was my bed. And the dd I was about to eat. Those, by the way, were the best tasting ones yet. Ate those on my walk home, washed my hands, and fell asleep until about 1:15. Probably go to bed early tonight and then gotta work at 12 tomorrow.

Nice to start off the week with 13 hours though. Happy June 1st to everyone. Hope its a great month for you all. Can't wait to see my family in about a month!! Hopefully I'll have a few days off in between then to explore more, so I'll know of stuff to do when they get here.

you stay classy, blog readers,

Phil

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the blogposts phil. it normally is the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, us old time Phish fans, (prep-school hipsters) were pretty aghast at the fans. We aren't all smelly! We had a great time, thanks for opening up the field for us and then cleaning up afterwards.

    ReplyDelete