Wednesday, June 17, 2009

500

Happy 500 consecutive sellout days at Fenway Park day!

So, if you read my blog yesterday then you are well aware of this pattern that we had to put in the outfield today. If you aren't aware, go read!! First things first. We had a friendly visitor last night while we were sleeping. Some way some how a mouse was in or near our trash can last night. We ended up scaring it off so no biggy. I hope it doesn't come back though...nothing worse than having something else crawling around in bed with you.

Got to work today at 10 and started right away on the 500. We first had to find a center point and go from there. After that we started measuring and flagging off the numbers. Our boss then basically traced along the flags with a mower a couple of times and then we took the flags up. Other tools used to do this were rakes, water pressure--hose, heavy rollers, you can use brooms and so forth. My boss told me to get a mower and start working on the last zero. I went back and forth lots of times until it was "burned" in nicely. After I did a bit of work on the zero I moved over to the five and mowed where we were able too. It takes a lot of time and work--more than most people think. I'll try to post some pics on here as soon as I get a hold of a couple. All in all it looks pretty good. It could look better but we only had so much time to do it. To an ordinary fan, it looks amazing. To me it looks just alright.

Really thats about all I did today. Stayed till game time and then left when the game started. Busy but quick day really. It was beautiful here again and it looks like that will be the last of the nice weather for a few days. Apparently its supposed to rain tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Yay long days at the ballpark!!

Pretty tired so I'm gonna end this for today. Hope you're weeks are going amazing so far. Its half over! You can make it :)

many times sleepy,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment