Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pap and the Boys Save the Day

So today the weather forecast was rain, rain, rain--all day. This was just a forecast mind you. It didn't start raining until about 9:00 pm. It did sprinkle a few times throughout the day, but nothing worth telling you about. This morning I had to clean up the warning track, all the way around. It was filthy with peanut shells, trash, and sunflower seeds. After that I worked on the mound again and made it look nice. When I got finished with that I went out to the bullpens and did the exact same thing to them as I did to the mound. Here lately there have been these 2 hawks flying around the stadium. Biiig hawks. One of them landed on a camera that sits in between the 2 bullpens in right field. Me and another guy stayed as far away as possible, as that thing could've ripped out my eye balls with its massive talons in seconds. It finally left, and back to work we went. After that me and another guy got these small rollers that weighed soooo much. We had to roll the pattern that was in the infield so that it would "pop" more. No easy task, as we had to set down and pick up the little thing numerous times! This same tool is used to help put the socks into the infield that some of you may have seen. Also a mower. After that I went on lunch and was starving by then. We did odds and ends until dinner time and then the game started at 7:10.

SO the yankees and sox have this tradition that when they play each other they like to stretch it out and make it like a 4 hour game or so. It reminds me of springfield and having long games. Rain started to come down in about the 6th or 7th inning. The sox were down 3-1 in the 7th and went into the 8th with the same burden. With rain falling down even harder now the sox score 3 in the 8th and lead 4-3 going into the 9th. With the team going on the road, I guess it wasn't necessary for us to put the tarp on, so they continued to play through the rain. Jonathan Papelbon (the closer) came on in the 9th for the save. They love him here....so nuts. End up winning 4-3 and swept the Yankees. They have yet to beat us this year, which is pretty awesome. Was good to see some of those big namers again today. Worked a 16 hour day so I'm dead tired.

I have the next 3 days off---amaaaazing. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm excited to figure that out. Hope you all have a great Friday, and that your Thursdays were just as good.

Peace.

"do the chickens have large talons?",

Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment