Friday, June 5, 2009

National Donut Day!

Ahoy Mattees-

Hey guys. So yea, as the title implies, it was most def National Donut Day. Dunkin Donuts did a special where if you bought a drink you got a free donut. Listen to this--I didn't even goo!!! And I call myself a dd fan. I shouldn't even be aloud to say dd. Sorry :/ Went to work at 10 today. I was able to sleep in about 2 hours longer than the previous two days, so that was very nice. Rain was in the forecast from about 4-12am. A few things got pushed up so we had to set up for that. I didn't really do anything different today that I can think of. The Texas Rangers are in town for the weekend. It was cool to see all of those guys. I was close to Michael Young (3b), Ian Kinsler (2b), Hank Blaylock (DH) and a few other notable players. Had dinner at the park today. Taco Bar! Mark, you would've loved it. We had to take it back to our room and eat it, so I wasn't able to bring Ice Cream back with me. Bummer. It started to rain lightly while the Red Sox were taking BP and continued to rain at that pace till about oh 10:30. It was more of an annoying rain than anything. Not enough to get the tarp out, but still wet enough to keep the infield skin pretty wet. Today was my first game that I was actually assigned to a job during the game. I was assigned to raking the spot where the 2b stands before the draggers got to it. This meant I had to use my lightning fast speed and get there in a hurry. We were short one guy, so I had to do the SS spot as well. It ended up being fine, and it was a thrill to run out onto the field as thousands looked on. We did that 3 times during the game, and just sat and watched the rest of the time. After the game, we did it again, and then I patched home plate and went home for the day. This is the 3rd week that I've gotten 40+ hours, so thats pretty awesome. I honestly didn't think I'd be working so much, but its good to gain the experience.

Before the game I was whipping down the foul line down the right field line by Peskies Pole. As I was doing it, I heard a voice of a little kid say, "hey can i have that rag when you're done?" I said no, b/c we aren't allowed to do things like that. Wish I could, but I can't.

It's off to bed now. Sleep in day tomorrow, as I don't go in until 5:30! Hope you all had a great week and that you all will have a great weekend!

finally got a grounds crew sweatshirt that fits...aka not a 2xl,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment