Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still, yes still, Raining in Boston

As the title says, it is still wet and rainy here in Boston. Haven't seen the sun in a few days--sad day! Its not all bad though, as its only about 65 degrees. Apparently its hotter than poop in Missouri. Sorry friends. :/ I went back to work today after a day off on Monday. Stopped in at Dunkin Donuts and got my usual 2 donuts to go. I really really hope that by the end of the summer they'll know me so well that they'll have it ready when I get there. Hmm. :D I worked on Home Plate today with another guy. Believe it or not, there is a lot more work than one would think. The holes from where the batters/catcher stand were nicely patched but the area around that and sort of to the side about a foot off was just awful. The infield mixture around these areas was pretty low creating low spots shaped in a big "U" all the way around the box. We had to patch all of that and then paint/fix the lines for the batters box. After that I did some clean up work and then was gone by 1:30. Vice President Joe Biden was apparently coming to Fenway today for something. I really have no idea why, but they had bomb squad dogs sniffing out the place and made us put stickers on all of our bags.

Spent the rest of the day around the room, as it was too rainy to do much of anything else. :/ I have more days off between now and next Friday, so I hope the weather will be nice for that! We're going to see a movie tonight--"The Proposal" apparently its funny. We'll see about that. Hope you all had a great Tuesday, it seems like these weeks just keep flying by. 2 Weeks till I get to see my family--so excited.

love to wear my chacos on a rainy day,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. I saw that with Carrie and needless to say you will laugh until you cry!

    ReplyDelete