Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ESPN GAME!

Hey friends,

Rather tired today, so this may be short. Lo siento.

Went to work today again at 7am. Was assigned to the pitchers mound and home plate right off the bat. Made the mound look balln' and did the same for home plate. It was a nationally televised game, so I was on my hands and knees picking up pea size pieces of clay. Crazy. After that me and another guy worked on painting the foul lines. I think I've told you about the lines before and how we paint them before the game, and then right before the game we just sweep them off. It was my first time painting them today, so I did something new! That was cool. While doing that the ESPN fellas came to the infield and calculated the strike zone for ESPN's "K-Zone". K-Zone is a graphic they use to show viewers where the pitch was in relation to a "normal" strike zone. I was unaware that they had to re-calculate it for each ballpark. Not sure exactly how they do it.

Mike Lowell (3rd Baseman) brought his son to the park today and they played around on the field. His son was maybe three or four years old, and most definitely rocking a "Pedroia" jersey. He would pitch balls to Mike and then Mike would hit them while his son would yell and look on in awe. Cute kid. My last job consisted of dragging the warning track in foul territory. In short--A LONG WAY! Just before I was finished I heard someone stumbling down the stairs and onto the field. Good Ole Peter Gammons trotted onto the field in a black trench coat. Had I wanted to, and I did, I could've given him a high five. Buuuut, I didn't. Lame, I know :/

After that, my day was over. 8 hours in the books. The rest of my day was spent napping and hanging out with a few new friends here at the dorm. Cool, cool people. Tomorrow will be crazy. Its literally supposed to rain all day. No joke. Not going to be fun. Not even sure if they'll play to be honest, but we'll see. After tomorrow I'll have Fri, Sat, Sun off. Oh thank heavens!! Better get to bed. The weeks almost over, you can do it!! :D :D

Awesome, I'm out.

loves blogging for you all,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment