Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Sun at Fenway

Que pasa,

After having a 5:30 start time on Saturday, getting up this morning at 6:10 wasn't too great. Either way, I did it. I started off by patching the mound and fixing whatever needed to be fixed. This didn't take too long, and after that I helped out with cleaning up out back, setting up for bp and setting up and taking down other things. We got a nice brunch again at around 11:00 or so. After eating we headed out to the field and watched as Texas finished their batting practice. We did as usual and took down screens, stanchions, fungo mats, and the big cage. It was pretty hot out today (83 or so), and its always hotter on the field, especially by the monster. Excuse me--"monsta". Had to hold the hose for the boss as he gave the infield a little more water than normal due to the sunny, warm conditions.

I stayed at the park till the 4th inning and with no rain in the picture my boss said we could leave. Its funny to think 8 hours is a short day. But really, it did feel like a shorter day. It was a good day at the park, and am off tomorrow! Its supposed to rain so I'm not sure what we'll do for our day off. P90x? Perhaps. Wes and I went to Longhorns tonight as a treat to ourselves. It was good, and nice to have a good meal :) Mom, they don't do justice to your cooking though.

While I'm thinking about it--the Yankees are in town this week for 3 days. ESPN usually covers the series pretty well, so keep an eye out for a game or two on ESPN. You may very well see me on national television as it is supposed to rain. We'll see :) Remember--red shoes. Hope your weekends were great!!

Perrrrrrrrfect,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment