Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dem Yankees

Oh hello.

It was a cool, "drizzily" day here in Boston. Went into work at 7:00 am. It didn't start raining until about 10:00 am. It rained off and on till about 12:30. We then took the tarp off, dumped it and used blowers to blow all the turface that stuck to the bottom of it. Not a necessary thing in my opinion but it does make the tarp lighter and less of a mess. Nothing really had been done on the field all morning b/c of the rain so we had to work fast at getting the field mowed, and prepped for batting practice. It was hectic and felt a little bit like a game, with no one in the stands. We eventually got it all set up for batting practice and then did small jobs to keep busy until dinner time. Those of us allowed to eat dinner, got dressed and went and ate. Pretty good dinner tonight except for the fact that my slice of meat was still bleeding. Don't get me wrong, I like roast beef, just not when it creates a pool of blood on my plate. Either way--it was free!

After that we all went on the field and waited for the rain/mist to calm a bit. When our boss gave us the cue all 25 or so of us got onto the tarp and pulled it off. By this time the fans were there and we only had about 30 minutes until game time. We got everything done on time and the field didn't look bad considering the conditions. Amidst all of that, my boss told me to go do some work on the left field foul line. The left field foul line was where the yankees were. I ran over there, looking up I made eye contact with Derek Jeter as he played catch right in front of me, got some sort of look from A-Rod and watched Hideki Matsui do sprints in left field. It was pretty great to see those guys play and perform live. I've always wanted to see the yankees play, and to do it that close was great!

I'll say it again--tomorrows game is on ESPN. It sounds like it is still supposed to rain which stiiiiinks. Oh well. Keep an eye out for me. 8 - 7 ct. Sox won tonight, so thats great! Pretty tired after a 14 1/2 day, so I'm gonna peace out for the night. Hope your Tuesday's were aaaaawesome!

its not right that I can still see my breath on June 9,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment