Saturday, June 6, 2009

Flirting With A Perfect Game

Good Evening,

Hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend thus far! Last night the Sox lost to the Texas Rangers, so you better believe they came back tonight with some fire in their eyes. I went into work today at 5:30. That was my first time reporting to work at that time, and Yawkey Way was just ridiculous. For a split second I thought I might be late for work, even though I was 1 minute away at 5:15 (that crowded!). I ended up finding a gap, pushed myself through the myriad of people and showed the all powerful/mighty Redsox ID. Did the usual in setting up for the game and all other pre-game duties. It was a gorgeous night here in Boston. Game temperature was 61 degrees I think.

John Lester, one of my favorite if not favorite player, was pitching for the Sox tonight. He is a great pitcher and threw a no-hitter a couple years back for the Sox. He was throwing a perfect game through 4 innings and thats when I started to think about it. How great would it be if I could witness a perfect game in my lifetime? Pretty great! Anyways he ended up pitching a no hitter into the 7th inning with one out, and then Michael Young hit a double to left center. He immediately got a standing ovation while pitching. Big Papi homered tonight and too got a standing O. They seriously love that guy here, its amazing. Lester ended up pitching a complete game with right around 100 pitches. Great game, and got me 17 points for my fantasy team--ow ow!

Tonight I got to drag the infield with the cocoa mat. It was my first night doing that so that was fun. I drug every game in Springfield, so that really wasn't new to me. Just in a different place and doing it in front of lots more people. The Red Shoes made their debut tonight. So that was fun, although I stick out like a sore thumb now. And it will be easy for my boss to tell that its me, not sure if thats a good or bad thing. :-/ During the 9th inning a fan apparently hated the 2nd basement for the Rangers, Ian Kinsler. He kept saying "iiiiiaaaaaaan!" Apparently he thought it would make him do worse?? Anyways, this guy seriously stood up and said that for a good 5 minutes. Guy ends up getting kicked out of the game in the top of the ninth with 2 outs to go. Hilarious.

Thats about the extent of my day here in Boston. Mark & Suey--not sure if you'll read this. But--I ate a Smart Choice frozen dinner today. It was amaaaaaazing. Seriously. Love and miss you all.

Ste--thanks for our talk today. kees kees :)

watched an old man sing "Sweet Caroline" with out looking at the words on the jumbo tron,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment